The history of Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School goes back to 1871.
At that time, Dorset House was established as Miss Tulloch’s School for Young Ladies, later to become Penleigh Presbyterian Ladies’ College.
Meanwhile, in 1910, St Thomas’s Grammar School for boys was combined with Carlton College and later became Essendon Grammar.
These two prestigious institutions were amalgamated in 1977 as Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School. Known informally as PEGS, today the school continues to embrace its strong heritage and traditional values while offering one of Melbourne’s most forward-thinking private school experiences.