Our school is a collaborative environment with exceptional facilities and resources. We offer high quality, ongoing professional learning and development opportunities, including networks with the University of Melbourne and Ron Ritchhart of Harvard University.
Our staff members are dedicated and highly skilled professionals for whom the care and development of wellbeing for our community are fundamental. Our teachers engage with students to develop intellectual curiosity, respect for the traditions of scholarship and the realisation of artistic and recreational potential.
We seek applications from individuals who are creative, ethical, persistent, strategic, reflective, and who have a genuine commitment to our culture of thinking.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we will maintain strict privacy and confidentiality regarding your application.
All applications need to include:
- a cover letter that addresses your suitability to the requirements of the position,
- a resume detailing your qualifications and experience, and
- contact details of three referees.
Employment at Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School is subject to the following requirements:
- Teachers must hold registration (or permission to teach) with the Victorian Institute of Teaching.
- General staff (non-teaching staff, including music tutors and sports coaches) must hold a Working with Children Check and a National Police Criminal Record Check that confirms no record of relevant criminal activity as determined by the school.
All staff must:
- be eligible to work in Australia,
- agree to the Code of Conduct for staff and others who interact with students, and
- adhere to all school policies.