School Charter Bus Services
- Bookings are required for travel on the charter buses and must be booked for the whole year.
- Booking and payment are made online through trybooking, and you will receive a confirmation email and receipt.
- Students must present their Bus Pass each time they board the bus. Travel is not permitted without a bus pass. It is permissible to save an image of the Bus Pass onto a phone or iPad to show to the driver.
- Parents of students new to the school will need to send a head shot photograph before a Bus Pass can be issued. Email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Mrs Di Durrington, Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School, PO Box 417, Niddrie, VIC, 3042.
- Junior School students require permission from their Head of Section before they may travel. Contact Mrs Di Durrington to arrange this for you.
- The school strongly advises students catching transport for the first time to travel with an experienced “buddy” who is familiar with the bus service to ensure that they arrive at the campus on time.
Bookings are required for the following PEGS Charter Bus Services (listed by the morning starting point of the service).
- Moonee Ponds campus (Junior Girls) to Keilor East campus via Buckley Street. For details click here
- Essendon campus (Junior Boys) to Keilor East campus. For further details click here
- Woodland Street (in front of Woodland Park) to Keilor East Campus via Calder Freeway. For details click here
- Caroline Springs to Keilor East campus via Sunshine, Footscray and Maribyrnong. For details click here
- Coburg (via Pascoe Vale) to Essendon, Moonee Ponds and Keilor East campuses. For details click here
- Keilor East campus to Essendon campus and MooneePonds campus. For details click here
PUBLIC TRANSPORT VICTORIA (PTV) OPTIONS - all PTV services require a MYKI card
PTV options for Essendon and Moonee Ponds Campus
Essendon railway station is the centre of the local public bus network and a tram line is adjacent to the station. The Essendon and Moonee Ponds campuses are 200 and 700 metres from the station respectively.
PTV options for Keilor East Campus
- Buses leave and return to Essendon railway station from the Keilor East campus both before and after school
- PTV Route 59 Tram Services Airport West to Niddrie connecting with Kastoria PTV bus route 475 at Clarke Rubber Niddrie
- PTV Route 475 (Kastoria bus services) leaving Moonee Ponds / Essendon Station via Hoffmans Rd
- PTV Route 476 (Kastoria bus services) leaving Moonee Ponds / Essendon Station via Keilor Rd
- PTV Route 476 (Kastoria bus services) leaving Hillside / Watergardens / Taylors Lakes / Keilor via Keilor-Melton Hwy
- Moonee Valley Coaches runs a PTV school bus service between Essendon station express to Keilor East campus in both the morning and afternoons. Departing at 7.50am from Essendon Station and Departing 3.35pm from Keilor East campus. This service meets up with PTV Bus Route 503 at Essendon Station, travelling to and from East Brunswick
- Moonee Valley Coaches PTV Route 506 from Westgarth Station (via Brunswick) to Moonee Ponds bus interchange
- Moonee Valley Coaches PTV Route 503 from East Brunswick via Albion Street to Essendon Station
- PTV services from Williamstown to Moonee Ponds via Footscray PTV Route 472 meets up with services from Moonee Ponds to Keilor East
- CDC Bus Services (Tullamarine public bus) special school service from Greenvale to Essendon station and onto Keilor East campus. For further information please click on the click here
- PTV Route 465 (Ryans bus services) leaving Essendon station via Buckley Street to Keilor East
- Sunbury PTV services
- Sunbury public bus leaving Riddells Creek to Sunbury (change at Sunbury)
- Sunbury public bus leaving Gisborne to Sunbury (change at Sunbury)
- Sunbury public bus leaving Sunbury to Ave Maria via Keilor East campus
- Sunbury public bus leaving Sunbury to Junior School Girls, Moonee Ponds and Junior School Boys, Essendon campuses