The school is serviced by a number of Public Transport Victoria (PTV) and private charter bus services. More detailed information on charter bus and PTV services, including cost, scheduled times and stops is detailed below.
Bookings for charter bus services are made through Try Booking, and open at the beginning of Term 4 each year for the following school year.
Transportation options are outlined below:
PEGS Charter Services
All school charter services require students to have a PEGS bus pass
All PTV services require students to have a MYKI card.
Charter services incur an annual fee and are offered to families on a yearly basis to transport their child(ren) to and from school.
Charter service transportation is provided by the school-owned buses, and external service providers, Ryans Bus Service, Kastoria, Moonee Valley Bus Lines, and Moreland Bus Lines.
Bookings for the following school year open at the beginning of Term 4 each year. For enquiries outside this time, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bookings are required for travel on the charter buses and must be booked for the whole year.
- Booking and payment are made online through Try Booking.
- Students must present their bus pass each time they board the bus. Travel is not permitted without a bus pass. It is permissible to save an image of the Bus Pass onto a phone or iPad to show to the driver.
- Parents of students new to the school will need to send a head shot photograph of their child before a bus pass can be issued. Email the photo to email@example.com
- Junior School students require permission from their Head of Section before they may travel. Contact Mrs Di Durrington to arrange this for you.
- The school strongly advises students catching transport for the first time to travel with an experienced “buddy” who is familiar with the bus service to ensure that they arrive at the campus on time.
PTV options for Essendon and Moonee Ponds Campus
Essendon railway station is the centre of the local public bus network, and a tram line is adjacent to the station. The Essendon and Moonee Ponds campuses are 200 and 700 metres from the station respectively.
PTV options for Keilor East Campus
Buses travel between Essendon railway station and the Keilor East campus both before and after school.
PTV SCHOOL SERVICES
- Kastoria School Special Services-PEGS A1 and PEGS A2 travel between Moonee Ponds Junction, Essendon railway station and the PEGS Keilor East Campus. Morning services depart Moonee Ponds Junction at 7.55 and 8.13am and the afternoon service departs 3.40pm (bus bay 3) from Keilor East Campus.
- Moonee Valley Coaches runs a School Special between Essendon Station express to Keilor East Campus in both the morning and afternoon. The morning service departs 7.50am from Essendon Station and the afternoon service departs 3.35pm (bus bay 4) from Keilor East Campus. This service meets up with PTV Bus Route 503 at Essendon Station, travelling to and from East Brunswick
- Kastoria School Special Service-BPC1 travels between Coles @ Avondale Heights, via Woorite Place (200 metres from PEGS Keilor East gate) and on to Rosehill and Buckley Park Colleges. Morning service departs 7.56am, arrives 8.07am. Afternoon service departs Keilor Road bus bay (outside PEGS gate) 3.40pm.
- Kastoria School Special Service RSH-1 travels between Coles @ Avondale Heights, via Woorite Place (200 metres from PEGS Keilor East gate) and on to Rosehill College. Morning service departs 8.10am, arrives 8.21am. Afternoon service departs Keilor Road bus bay (outside PEGS gate) 3.40pm.
For charter bus pricing, route and time details click on the highlighted bus route names below.
Charter buses are named by the starting point of the morning service.
- Moonee Ponds Junior campus to Keilor East campus via Buckley Street.
- Maribyrnong to Keilor East campus.
- Essendon campus (via Woodland Park) to Keilor East campus via Calder Freeway.
- Caroline Springs to Keilor East campus via Sunshine, Footscray, Moonee Ponds and Essendon campuses.
- Coburg via Pascoe Vale to Essendon, Moonee Ponds and Keilor East campuses.
- Junior Students bus from Keilor East to Essendon and Moonee Ponds campuses.
To make a booking, go to: https://www.trybooking.com/CKNUY
OTHER PTV BUSES SERVICING THE PEGS KEILOR EAST CAMPUS
Keilor East campus bus bay map and Keilor East campus bus bay afternoon services departure schedule
For inquiries outside of this please email firstname.lastname@example.org .