2019 VCE Results
Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School congratulates its Class of 2019 upon its VCE results. These students have ably added to the school’s fine tradition of academic excellence.
The duxes of the school for 2019 are, for boys, Douglas Heal, who received the maximum possible ATAR of 99.95, and, for girls, Shambhavi Srivastava and Audrey Tran, with an ATAR of 99.75. Some of the highlights of the results for all students are:
- All 256 students successfully completed their VCE
- The median ATAR score at PEGS was 87.35, placing 50% of our students in the top 13% of the state
- Twenty-six students (or 10% of PEGS students) were in the top 1% of students in the state obtaining an ATAR of 99.00 or above
- Fifteen students (or 6% of PEGS students) were in the top 0.5% of students in the state obtaining had an ATAR of 99.50 or above
- 27% of PEGS students received an ATAR of 95.00 or more
- The median study score was 35 and 22% of study scores were 40 or higher
- 52% of all grades were A+ or A
- Perfect study scores of 50 were obtained on ten occasions and in the following eight subjects: English, English Language, Biology, Chemistry, Literature, Mathematical Methods, Physical Education and Physics
Sebastian Paz (99.90), William Bucknall and Nisal Malagalage (99.85) and Gopal-Krsna Singh (99.80) also deserve our commendation. Douglas Heal also obtained perfect study scores in two subject areas.