Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School is thrilled with the VCE results for its Class of 2017. These students have continued the school’s outstanding tradition for academic excellence.
Three students – Kevin Tran, Allen Xiao and Leon Yeung - obtained the maximum possible ATAR of 99.95. This is a remarkable achievement. In addition, Dewmi Abeysirigunawardana and Cindy Zhang – with ATARs of 99.90, were also duxes of school. Some of the highlights of the results are:
- All 232 students successfully completed their VCE
- The median ATAR score at PEGS was 88.75, placing 50% of our students in the top 11% of the state
- Twenty-one students (or 9% of PEGS students) were in the top 1% of students in the state obtaining an ATAR of 99.00 or above
- 28% of PEGS students received an ATAR of 95.00 or more
- 47% of students – over 100 students – obtained an ATAR of 90 or more
- The median study score was 35 and 24% of study scores were 40 or higher
- Perfect study scores of 50 were obtained on fourteen occasions in English, Further Mathematics, Physical Education, Chemistry, Economics, Health and Human Development, Legal Studies, Media and Physics
In addition, two students, Rebecca Gibbons and Kevin Tran, obtained perfect study scores in two subject areas. All of these results ably reflect both the talents of our students and the fine work of the teachers who have assisted and supported them.