VCE Results 2018
Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School congratulates its Class of 2018 upon its VCE results. These students have ably continued the school’s fine tradition of academic excellence.
Isabella Nolan, our dux for girls, received the maximum possible ATAR of 99.95 and James Macaulay, our dux for boys, an ATAR of 99.90. These are extraordinary results. Some of the other highlights of the results are:
- All 237 students successfully completed their VCE
- The median ATAR score at PEGS was 86.50, placing 50% of our students in the top 13.5% of the state
- Nineteen students (or 8% of PEGS students) were in the top 1% of students in the state obtaining an ATAR of 99.00 or above
- 25% of PEGS students received an ATAR of 95.00 or more
- The median study score was 35 and 24% of study scores were 40 or higher
- 53% of all grades were A+ or A
- Perfect study scores of 50 were obtained on fifteen occasions and in the following nine subjects: English, Further Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematical Methods, Physical Education, Accounting, Economics and French
Two students, James Macaulay and James Tang, obtained perfect study scores in two subject areas.